About the Prize
The ASM Microbiome Data Prize recognizes distinguished research achievements that support open data practices, development of standards and processes for data quality and sharing, and data workflows and management best practices that have advanced the microbial sciences. The Prize also recognizes innovative and impactful analysis of microbiome data that has changed our understanding of the microbiome and the microbial sciences field. These significant contributions to the many facets of the microbiome data lifecycle may include:
- Developing and supporting data standards, ontologies, and technological advances to support collection, description, and distribution of microbiome data.
- Establishing and maintaining open-source scientific software in support of microbiome data processing or analysis that supports best practices in the field.
- Taking innovative approaches to analyze microbiome data to deliver new insights and/or partnerships.
- Advancing data management systems, repositories, or knowledge bases to support access and distribution of microbiome data.
- Championing data stewardship through teaching, training, mentoring, or other engagement activities to substantially support microbiome data science.
Read more about the award here.